POSTING: August 22, 2013
POSITION: Support Specialist III - Faculty Coordinator (Regular, Full-time)
DEPARTMENT: Adult and Graduate Studies
REPORTS TO: Director of Administration for Adult and Graduate Studies (AGS)
JOB SUMMARY: Schedules faculty for all adult studies, Master of Organizational
Leadership and Quality (OLQ) and Criminal Justice Leadership (CJL) courses and provides
faculty support for a successful start to their class. Collaborates with Director
of Administration for AGS, School of Business and Public Safety, and School of Arts
and Sciences to schedule approved faculty.
- Schedule faculty for AGS courses. (Undergraduate Adult Studies, Master of OLQ, and
- Order and distribute instructional materials and resources to faculty.
- Collaborate with bookstore to provide accurate book order needs for AGS course schedules.
- Assist Director of Administration for AGS and Deans in hiring faculty, faculty assessments,
workshops, and in-services.
- Prepare, maintain, and process AGS faculty contracts.
- Assist in preparing yearly adult studies course schedule.
- Maintain and update internal AGS databases.
- Enter and update faculty information into PowerCampus.
- Order AGS office supplies as needed.
- Prepare various year/term/session reports for AGS as needed.
- Serve as point person when Support Specialist II is unavailable.
- Assist in updating and maintaining the AGS module web site and AGS webpage.
- Provide support on special projects assigned by the Director of Administration for
- Maintain a positive work environment by cooperating in a professional manner with
the University community.
Associate degree in an Administrative Professional or similar degree program, or
one to two years' experience in an office setting. Familiarity within the higher
education setting. Strong organizational skills and experience with managing multiple
projects. Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills. Skilled
in Microsoft Excel, Access, Word. High regard for confidentiality. Some evening
and weekend hours required. Willingness to support the Mission and Core Values of
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin September 1, 2013
and continue until the position is filled. For consideration, please click
here and submit a letter of interest, current resume, and name, address,
and telephone number of three references.
Transforming lives through academic excellence, innovation and leadership.
Marian University is a community committed to learning, dedicated to service and
social justice and joined together by spiritual traditions
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Strongly Committed to Diversity
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the receipt of criminal background
and reference check information; and the determination that the candidate remains
eligible and suitable for employment.