As a participating institution of the Yellow Ribbon Program, Marian University will approve any veteran who chooses to take advantage of their GI Bill benefit in to the Yellow Ribbon Program. For eligible veterans, 100% of tuition and fees at Marian University will be paid for through the Yellow Ribbon Program, Marian University and Department of Veterans Affairs. This GI Bill benefit covers up to 36 credits per year for undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs. To access an application for the GI Bill benefit, go to, www.gibill.va.gov
- Served an aggregate period of active duty after September 10, 2001, of at least 36 months;
- Were honorably discharged from active duty for a service connected disability and they served 30 continuous days after September 10, 2001;
- Are a dependent eligible for Transfer of Entitlement under the Post-9/11 GI Bill based on a veteran’s service under the eligibility criteria listed above.
Steps to obtaining your GI Bill benefit, for eligible veterans:
- Submit application for GI Bill education benefit.
- Apply to Marian University, indicate that you are a "Yellow Ribbon Program Applicant" on your Marian application.
- Await acceptance in to Yellow Ribbon Program and Marian University
- Provide the Marian University School Certifying Official with a copy of your eligibility letter for the Yellow Ribbon Program.
If a veteran chooses to also file FAFSA for financial aid assistance, any financial aid that is awarded to a participating veteran will be deducted from the tuition amount of which the Yellow Ribbon Program covers. Also, as veterans are accepted in to the Yellow Ribbon Program, any merit based scholarships initially awarded, will be replaced with a Marian University Veterans Scholarship.
Marian will contribute a maximum amount of $7,000 per student/per year based on need.
For futher assistance, contact Marian University School Certifying Official at (920) 923-7618 or email@example.com